Were You The Victim Of A Sex Crime?
Victims of sex crimes such as abuse, assault, rape, or molestation suffer severe and lasting consequences. It can be argued that no crime short of homicide has a more devastating impact on the victim. The injury is physical and mental, and goes to the victim’s core values. The event is usually a series of well-planned events, following a “grooming period” by a trusted person. Most sexual predators are child magnets, not the “pervert looking” stereotype molester. Most victims never report the ordeal out of fear, shame or guilt.
Randall Moore has successfully represented victims of sex crimes in civil litigation, helping victims receive the financial compensation they deserve for injuries that may last a lifetime including depression, mental anguish and disability. We have experience and knowledge essential to representing child victims.
We are relentless in our pursuit of justice on behalf of victims of sex crimes. We believe that to the extent we can, we shall work simultaneously with the law enforcement agency that is involved in order to see that justice is done in the criminal system as well as the civil system.
If you or a loved one has been the victim of a sex crime, don’t trust the case to just any lawyer. Please contact a Texas sexual assault victims’ attorney at The Law Offices of Randall D. Moore, PLLC today for a free initial consultation and case evaluation. Call us if you have even the slightest suspicion that your child is being abused. It will cost you nothing to speak to an experienced attorney who can help you handle this delicate situation in a way that protects your loved one.
Do You Suspect Abuse?
If you suspect your child has been abused, some experts recommend:
- Take the victim seriously. Literature reports that children are highly unlikely to make up tales of sexual abuse.
- Report the event to local law enforcement
- Don’t allow multiple parties to interview the child. Going over the incident again and again can be emotionally damaging for a child, and it can affect the credibility of the testimony. Depending on the circumstances, we will arrange for a highly-skilled forensic psychologist interview and assess the victim. We will also work within the system to minimize unwarranted intrusion into the victim’s history and records.
- Take reasonable steps to limit access to the child by perpetrator.
- Get Competent Legal Counsel. The Law Offices of Randall D. Moore, PLLC understand the significant bureaucratic technicalities and statutes of limitations involved in a sex abuse case. We have an understanding of the law and of how to protect the victim’s best interests.
- Get Appropriate Treatment. If not properly treated, the emotional scars of a sex crime can have a devastating impact on the victim’s life and relationships for decades. We can refer you to competent professionals who can get your child the help he or she needs.
Whether you were raped by a stranger or your child was molested by a pastor, scout leader, teacher, neighbor, or family member, we can help. Contact our law firm as soon as possible, to preserve important rights and prevent the victim from being exposed to any further abuse.